Sunday, November 29, 2009

Ideas

Thanksgiving Break has been such a blessing. I was able to spend a lot of time with a lot of people, especially my family. I didn't have much homework (for a change), so my focus these past 5 days has been relaxation and enjoyment. Between all the eating, cooking, shopping, movie-watching and talking, I was able to come up with a few things to do over Christmas break. It's approaching quickly and I am so behind on my Christmas shopping. (Also, speaking of Christmas shopping... Bill and I found the best time to knock some of this out! The night of Black Friday! There is no way you will ever find either of us out in the masses during the day on Black Friday, as we both value our limbs and our sanity. But that night, no one is out shopping, and all of the deals are still in effect at most stores. Granted, many things will be sold out, but we were still able to find some great deals and get gifts for several people. And I may or may not have bought Elf for only 4 dollars!)

Now on to the Christmas Break goals/ideas...

1). Make cinnamon ornaments and attempt potpourri.
2). Make some kind of Christmas decoration with my own painted pine cones. They are everywhere this year, but no way am I paying for pine cones!
3). Hang up my snowman window shutter decoration. I realize this may make no sense to most of you, but I have owned this thing for 2 years and have never had my own place to hang it yet!
4). Find some way to puppy-fy Bill's living room enough to have at least some Christmas decorations.
5). Apply to graduate school. And jobs. (These aren't fun, but they have to be done!)
6). I hate to be too ambitious, as I only have three and a half weeks off for the holidays, but I want to make gifts this year. I say that every December, and I never do, but perhaps this will finally be my year.

No comments:

Post a Comment