Wednesday, November 18, 2009

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas...



Only 37 days until my favorite day of the year… Christmas! I’ve been thinking about decorating the apartment for the last several days, and the opportunity finally presented itself tonight. Homework-free, I headed to Target with a few of my friends, and was able to transform our kitchen table for pretty cheap! Target has all the best Christmas accessories, and for really reasonable prices. The pictures above are pretty not the best quality, but I just took them on my phone to document the finished product for myself. I used two dark green glass bowls that I got on clearance a few weeks ago for 98 cents each. (I have a third, but it’s in my room, full of Christmas peppermint Andes mints!) I filled them with silver ornaments (which I got for only $6 for all of them) and then decorated the bowls with a crystal pick I broke apart. I really love the picks from http://jamaligarden.com/index.asp, but they’re more expensive than the $1.99 I spent at Target! The tablecloth was cheap, and the placemats we already had – they have a pretty summer pattern on one side, but they’re plain red on the other side – perfect for my favorite holiday!

Next up will be my house back home (I am so excited to decorate with my mom… and she’s coming up here Friday!) and then Bill’s house… it’ll be interesting trying to decorate his house while keeping it puppy-proof. Especially a puppy with as much energy as Sensei!

And now that I am completely in the Christmas spirit, I am proud to say that I bought a ticket with my friend Sara to see the Carolina Ballet’s production of The Nutcracker! It’s something I think all UNC students should do, since you can get student tickets for only $10, while ones for the general public are anywhere from $38 to $75. I am really excited about this! I haven’t seen the production since I was in elementary school, but I think it’s kind of a tradition around here, and I am proud to say I am taking full advantage of being a Carolina senior right now ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment