Monday, November 9, 2009

New blog, first post!

So basically this blog is for myself. And anyone else who reads it obviously. I sit here at my computer, after midnight, with so many thoughts running through my mind that I can't go to sleep! The real world is fast approaching, and it's kind of freaking me out. But in a good way. (That is what I meant by "the countdown..." - life after college. The real world. Marriage. A house. A job. Grad school.)

This is my second blog, and I am really hoping to do something different with this one. This isn't just for me to spill out all my thoughts and rants - I really want to document my last 6 months here at UNC and all the changes that are happening. In less than a year from now, so many things will be different, and I want to document the process! And, of course, what happens after May 9, 2010 is important, too.

Between now and next May, I have to finish school, find a job, apply to graduate school, and somehow find a way to say goodbye to my friends. I want to do everything that a UNC student should have done by the time s/he has graduated - luckily, I can check "winning a national championship" off my list - go Heels!

And by September 18, I will have had to plan a wedding! And somewhere in all that, my fiance Bill and I are hoping to buy a house. I'm excited to say we made an offer last week, but due to some complicated things with the seller, it's all in the hands of the bank (which bank, I am not sure), not the seller (he accepted our offer!) and it could be MONTHS before we find out if our bid is accepted. Does anyone else thing this is highly unfair? Who knew such things happened. But the house is amazing, so please keep your fingers crossed for us. It needs a lot of TLC, and a lot of work, but that's what we want! And it's how we're able to afford a house - we don't mind painting, cleaning, tiling, caulking, crown-molding... Okay. Let me be honest - I don't mind painting and cleaning - I don't know how to do the others! So actually, Bill doesn't mind all of that! It'll be a fun process to go through together, and it'll be a way for us to make a house our home.

And as for wedding planning, things are going well. Slowly, but surely. We still have a while (I need to actually figure this countdown thing out!)

No comments:

Post a Comment