Sunday, November 22, 2009

A quick little update...

Before I write anything else, let me say that I went to the midnight showing of New Moon last Thursday night and it was INCREDIBLE. Yes, I am one of those girls - the "twi-hards," "fanpires" or whatever else you call those of us with OECD (Obsessive Edward Cullen Disorder). Mind you, my best friend Michelle is a Jacob fan, and well, it hasn't been the easiest thing to deal with. But keep in mind, folks, if the two of us can make it work, so can you! (and at the mention of Michelle, I would just like to say to her - your blog is hilarious. I'd like to link to your newest post, just to show off and give a shameless plug for the CMFRC.)

Now, on to the real focus of this blog - growing up and growing old! Nothing too exciting going on here today... this has been a fairly calm (yet sadly Bill-free) weekend. My mom came to visit Friday and we made a trip to Southern Season and Southpoint Mall. If I could buy everything in Southern Season, I probably would. For my birthday last year, my soon-to-be sister-in-law and her husband gave me this gorgeous pitcher and glasses from Crate & Barrel. And at Southern Season, my mom found some matching bowls! I guess I will just have to act surprised come Christmas morning...

Speaking of Christmas gifts, I have found that most of what I want this year is very domestic. Maybe that means I am finally mature enough to get married and have a home? Whatever the reason, I seem to be drawn to the IKEA and ZGallerie websites more and more these days. I even ventured into a Restoration Hardware store with my mom Friday! It's a little out of mine and Bill's price range, but it's fun to pretend. Bill and I are planning a trip out to the Habitat Restore and Cook's flea market over Christmas. Can I just point out that he went to the flea market on his own will yesterday? He was buying something for his boss, and a new collapsible baton (not for twirling, but to fend off bad guys?? who knows why he wants one), but he said they have a lot of furniture we should take a look at. It seems like our future house is going to be quite a mix - we'll have cheap furniture that we'll pick up at secondhand places and such for the CMFRC (with a little help from the Karate Kid) to take a crack at, some IKEA pieces, furniture that we have both accumulated over the years and then nicer stuff that we will take from my grandparents'. I'm just ready to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment