Monday, December 14, 2009

Procrastination

Yes, it's that time of year again. EXAMS. Luckily (or perhaps unluckily, as it were) I have a full week between the end of classes and my first exam. That's right. My last class was at 10 am last Wednesday, and I don't have a final until 8 am this Wednesday. I did have a group presentation during an exam period on Saturday, but involved very little preparation, and no actual studying.

So how have I been passing the time? The same way any good, normal college student would. Watching movies, sleeping, Christmas parties, and crossing things off my to-do list. For example: Piercing my nose. That screeching sound you just heard was my mother and my best friend yelling "WHAT?!" but I'll tell you this, I may be a bit biased, but it looks good.

Now, as I sit here in Davis Library, staring at my geography study guide, which is sadly still half empty, I am faced with a terrible decision... to do work or create a tangible list of things I have to do next semester.

I think we all know the right choice.
1. Eat at Mama Dip's. I hear so much about this traditional Southern restaurant, that I just need to eat there once before I move away.
2. Get a kvetch published in the DTH. My picture has been in there, and a few quotes, but I have yet to get a kvetch published.
3. Climb the Bell Tower. Okay, I know that is something the university actually encourages seniors to do, but I need to make certain I participate!
4. Cat's Cradle. Enough said.
5. Drink out of the Old Well on the first day of class. I have never done it before, and I've never made straight As before, so perhaps the myth is true. And it's my last first day of classes here at UNC next month, so I might as well do it!
6. Go inside Morehead Planetarium. I love planetariums, and laser shows, and museums, and this place offers it all! It's right next to campus, why have I never been?
7. Attend as many basketball games as possible, regardless of tests/homework/time. It's my last season here, after all.
8. Eat at every restaurant on mine and Sara Phifer's hit list. We have a list of restaurants in Chapel Hill that we both want to go to in our last semester - we've already crossed off Artichoke Basil, Top of the Hill (well, we'd both been there once, but during our first year and never for lunch), and I hit the R&R Grill with my dad about 2 months ago.

Okay, that's all I've got for right now. I supposed I should actually buckle down and get to work in the time I have left before dinner!

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I love your list :)

    I think you can kind of cross off the kvetch, I mean you were in the room when I wrote mine encouraging me...if I remember correctly!

    ReplyDelete