Monday, May 10, 2010

Worst blogger ever?

That would be me. The worst blogger ever. It's been almost 3 months since I last posted! Needless to say, the end of my career at UNC was insane. I have never had a more busy or bittersweet period in my life. I am really excited to be moving on (and getting married!!) but leaving Chapel Hill is much harder than I ever imagined it would be. Sitting in Kenan Stadium under the Carolina Blue sky yesterday, listening to John Grisham advising me to read a book a month and call my parents at least once a week was a very surreal experience. It feels like just yesterday I was leaving for Furman University, and then transferring to UNC, and now I am a 22-year-old college graduate. Ahh!

I moved back home today, which isn't as sad for me as some might expect. I absolutely love my parents, and it's fun to be home with them for the last time of my life - eek! Talk about another bittersweet experience!

So to reflect on my last semester at UNC, I am sad to say I didn't complete all of my bucket list. I never had a kvetch published in the DTH (although not for lack of trying), I didn't make it to the Bosh, and I didn't climb the Bell Tower (not my fault though - I had plans to go until the date was changed and I was out of town for a BON JOVI show! But Wandaly was sweet enough to sign my name when she climbed it! What a wonderful friend) But I did make it to Mama Dip's - and sat at the table behind her, actually! - I went to a movie at the Varsity (The Princess Bride - one of my favorites!) and I even saw the streakers in the UL... It may sound gross, but it was one of the funniest experiences of my time at UNC. And I got to experience it with Sara, Jon and Travis, so you know it was a fun time!

Moving on, before I think too much about how much I am going to miss everyone and all of the memories we have. (Even though I am watching DWTS right now, and Chad Ochocinco is cracking me up, I am missing Sara since we always watched it together!) A little preview of my summer:

Finding a job.
Preparing for grad school - that's right, I was accepted! I found out on my last day of classes at UNC - a great way to lose motivation right before finals, huh? Watch out, world, I'm going to be a Master of Education :)
Moving.
Finishing up wedding planning.
Concerts - I am going to see Neil Young in just a few weeks!
Cakes, cakes and more cakes.
Shopping - I have a lot of money for IKEA, thanks to my beautiful friends from my bridal shower, AND I am in the market for a DSLR.
House decorating - my mom found this cute little carolina blue side table during bulk pickup in Winston, with the goal of her and I refinishing it - I am so excited!

Here are a few pictures from the past few months to catch everyone up... more will follow!



A picture with some of my favorite UNC girls during one of many graduation photo shoots



With all of my best friends (and my fantastic mom and FMIL) at my bridal shower in March



Bill's Boba Fett birthday cake - I am proud to say he LOVED it!

No comments:

Post a Comment