Tuesday, June 22, 2010

whew!

These last two weeks have been a whirlwind, I tell ya! I spent some time in the mountains with my dad, and let me say, I always forget how much I love the area around Blowing Rock, NC. It really is incredible what some time how in the Blue Ridge Mountains can do for me. My dad and I were there 2 days, and spent a lot of time hiking, eating candy, and just generally hanging out. (Speaking of my dad, Happy belated Father's Day! I am lucky to have him!) It was a great time, and I got some fantastic pictures. There's nothing better than a handy little waterfall to play around with shutter speeds and aperture settings.

And just as exciting was a surprise trip to San Diego in sunny California! Bill's work is headquartered in that great city, and he had to take a last-minute business trip. Luckily, things worked out perfectly for me to tag along! After all, I am unemployed for the summer, and don't have many standing plans that can't be rearranged. So we woke up at 3:45 Monday morning, and were in California by 11 am local time. Bill had to work second shift on the trip, so we spent the days doing fun touristy things together, and then he would go into work at 5 each evening. I spent the nights at the hotel pool, hotel "social hour" (aka free food!), reading, walking the area around our hotel and I even found a nice little diner to eat at while I watched the Lakers-Celtics one night. Now, this was also a trip of firsts for me: my first time further west than Chattanooga, TN, my first fish taco, AND my first earthquake!! Not as exciting as it sounds, but let's be honest, I am really jazzed to be able to tell people I was in an earthquake! Bill and I visited Balboa Park, the San Diego Zoo, Torrey Pines State Reserve, La Jolla and Seal Beach, Torrey Pines Gliderport, Fry's (a HUGE electronics store - come on, I did go with Bill!) and so many fun things! I took 300+ pictures, and each one is fantastic! I certainly will try to post some here soon.

And, in keeping with the theme of this blog, where I record how I somehow transition into a real adult, Bill and I are under contract on a home! I don't want to jinx anything (I am just so worried something will happen!), but I will say it is perfect for us! Prime location, everything we wanted in a home, nice backyard, and - dare I say it - room for another puppy! So updates will certainly be forthcoming on that. It doesn't need much work, but I am really looking forward to painting (did I mention the absurd number of paint chip cards I now carry around in my purse?) and decorating and shopping for furniture and things we will need!

And on that note, sleep calls me!

No comments:

Post a Comment