Sunday, August 29, 2010

a real update... with pictures!

alright! Time for a real, legitimate update, with pictures and everything.

Here we go.

Up first are a couple of pictures I owe you all from last week. The master bedroom! You can see the green (Zen Garden) and the beige (Something about coffee? I can't remember the name off the top of my head) that we painted the walls. And the bedding we got at a shower! There are so many pillows that came with it though... usually they're sitting on the floor next to the bed or on the nightstand, but I picked them up for the picture. We also bought real bedroom furniture, which should be arriving in the next week. Woohoo for a pretty bed with a headboard and not just a frame! I highly recommend Furnitureland South's outlet in Jamestown... Bill and I got a great deal! More pictures will come once all of that is in...


This picture is of our huge closet. I may not be living there yet, but I couldn't wait to get some of my clothes hanging in there!


Next up is our new dining room centerpiece. Michaels was having a great sale on all of their candles, so I whipped this up. Let's be honest, it didn't take much work or skill, but I think it looks great! And the neutral color of the candles are great, because I can switch out the stones for other colors, or christmas ornaments, or shells, depending on the season.


As I was taking these pictures, I noticed this little trail of fluff all around the upstairs of the house...

So I followed it, and look who I found!
The fluff monster! He'd ripped open yet another toy, and had a little fuzzy beard. I couldn't not take a picture!

As we leave the dining room, it only makes sense to go into the kitchen. It hasn't been painted over yet, but I've still been spending a lot of time in it. We ended up buying a spice rack the other night...

Even though we always said they were silly. Who wants to buy spices just to pour them into another container? But this thing is awesome! Our designated spice cabinet is really skinner, but deep, so it was hard to see past the first row of spice bottles. But this little gem has solved all of our problems. And please note, that top reddish spice - next to the cinnamon - is Bojangles seasoning. Somehow, Bill got them to sell him a huge bag of it one time!

I've also spent a lot of time in the kitchen cooking! Bill and I tried our hand at fried bow tie pasta the other night. Saratoga Steakhouse has this GREAT appetizer that's served with fried bow tie pasta, and we are obsessed with it. I found the recipe on the blog What Would Martha Cook? and it turned out pretty well. It didn't taste quite the same as at the restaurant, but it was better than I expected!


We also got an electric wok as an early wedding gift the other day. All of the bridal magazines quote woks as being the gift that no one ever uses, but we'd had it less than 48 hours before making our first teriyaki chicken stir-fry!

Bill and I also installed our new Ikea shelf today. It is fantastic! It was a little hard to put together (why don't those Swedes put words on their directions?!) but we did it. We had to pull these decorative beams off the wall in the den, as you can see below.
And by we, I mean Bill.

The final product:
Don't worry, we're going to fix those lines where the beams had been. Also, you can rest assured I've already alphabetized all of our DVDs.

And now another Sensei break! This might be my new favorite picture of all time.

Next, Bill and I moved outside, where I took pictures and he replaced our mailbox!

And that's all I've got for right now. I know it seems like all I do is hang out with Bill and take pictures of my dog, but I promise that's not true! I just don't take my DSLR to work or school or when I hang out with anyone. I'll try to change that once things calm down a little! And if you made it to the end of this post - thanks for sticking in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment