Saturday, October 9, 2010

Break.

Where to begin.

This has been one of the longest weeks of my life. Things are much better now - especially since I am on Fall Break until Wednesday! Hallelujah.

I should have known it was going to be a rough week though, when I tripped over the baby gate and fell down the bottom of the stairs last Sunday afternoon. (No, there is not a baby, it's to keep Sensei out of the basement for right now). And then on Tuesday, it happened. The dreaded event that all married women fear. (Bill's sister told me she even had a dream it would happen to her!) That's right. I lost my wedding band. After just 2.5 weeks of marriage, that beautiful sparkly round piece of metal is somewhere in my front yard hiding. And it's a master at hiding, let me tell you that. It has so far foiled 5 different people, a metal detector and a hysterical 22-year-old. I don't count myself as a person, because my behavior that night was not human. Someone shouldn't be able to cry that hard for that long in front of that many people!

Anyways, as Bill pointed out, we are still married, so I have since calmed down. Minus that whole getting-the-letter-from-the-register-of-deeds-saying-our-marriage-license-hadn't-been-recieved-so-the-state-had-no-record-of-our-marriage-and-consequently-having-a-breakdown-crying-"But-we-really-aren't-married!"-episode. But that's been taken care of and our certificate of marriage came in the mail this morning. And I bought a plain silver band (I'm still holding out hope my real one will show up!) so it's like we're really married now! Ruby told me a poem to St. Anthony, who is the patron of seekers of lost things, so we repeated it multiple times on the phone last night, so here's hoping that works!

But, this blog is not for me to complain on! No, it's to keep you all updated and to share pictures and funny stories. So, you may be wondering. What has been happening in the house lately? Well, we got a fence! Our backyard is now wonderfully contained, and Sensei can finally run free. And my baby is fast! You can tell he loves it so much, which is awesome. Bill and I are also in the market for puppy #2, so I will keep you all updated on that. We have one in mind, we are going to go meet him tomorrow, and see if he and Sensei get along. Keep your fingers crossed!



We've also unpacked almost all of our wedding gifts and put them away. We have many boxes to get rid of, though! And I've done some more work in the kitchen - since we've been home from the honeymoon, I have tried my hand at crepes, tomato-almond pesto (from Smitten Kitchen, where else?) and I actually can't think of anything else. I know there's been more, but those are the two most exciting things, so they're all that's coming to mind. Bill's been trying his hand at iced tea, mixing flavors and what not, and I will say this: Celestial's wild berry zinger tea is amazing!

School has been good. SO MUCH WORK. Ah! Why didn't someone warn me about grad school? I'm really enjoying the classes though. And of course, I still love the quints. We had a great girls' night out dinner this week with Mama Carol (Doesn't "Mama Carol and the Quints" sound like a band name? It makes me think of the Partridge Family). I wish I could think of some funny stories to share. Lisa's blog (READ IT NOW) is so stinkin' funny! I laugh out loud every time I read a post. I'll come back and post when I think of something. I promise, funny things happen all the time, I am just dead tired right now. And it's only 12:30 in the afternoon!

I will leave you all with some great pictures from the wedding! These were all taken on Sonja and Frank's camera, but I think it was passed around - so credits go to Sonja, Frank, Henry and whoever else used it! Sonja gave me a disc of 500+ pictures from the weekend, and here are some of my favorites! (Sonja posted a lot of great ones on facebook, so I made sure there are no repeats here!)


Okay, blogger is being super slow, so I only uploaded three. But they're good ones! More will just have to come later....

Here we are, just after saying our "I Do's." Can you tell we're excited??


Michelle's nephew, T-Swizzle, and my niece are going to be married one day! (It's our only chance at ever being related.) Here they are at their first meeting - I think it was love at first sight!


Our cake toppers :)


So stay tuned - I promise the blog is back up and running, it won't be so long between posts next time!

2 comments:

  1. aww thanks! and i love love those pictures! I can't wait to see more. and you are funny too, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, hello- I DID warn you about grad school! you just didn't listen :)

    ReplyDelete