Monday, October 25, 2010

The truth behind Elvis Preston

Oh the life of a two-dog family. Now, I love Elvis Preston. He’s my Baby. My Little Bear. My Chunky Monkey. My Pee Monster. Yep, you read that last name right. He pees like it’s his job. It doesn’t matter if he’s just been outside 15 minutes ago – he loves water (in fact, sometimes he’ll put his feet in his water bowl and drink out of Sensei’s at the same time), and has the world’s smallest bladder. Many of you probably heard about how he stood on his back legs and peed on the side of our bed the first night we had him. And you may have heard about how he has peed on my leg, and Bill’s, more than once. But today’s accident took the cake.

I stayed late in Greensboro today, to visit a NICU with my 601 class, and Bill couldn’t come home straight after work, either. So by the time I got home, I guess Preston had had enough waiting. We try to calm him down before we let him out of his crate, since he also tends to pee when he’s excited. And then we scoop him up and carry him to the door before he pees on the carpet. Typically it’s a good plan. But not today. I picked him up, cradling him on his back AND HE STARTS TO PEE. Seriously. A huge arch of pee is spraying out of this dog, all over the hallway. The walls, the floor – maybe even the ceiling? There was some serious distance happening.

So that’s the newest adventure in owning the new puppy. In other news, this weekend rocked. I carved pumpkins with my best friends from high school (pictures are forthcoming and hilarious.) And I got to see Sara on her way back to App. And Bill and I were very productive. And I got an great new haircut – it makes me feel better about my appearance since I LOST MY NOSE RING. It just fell out one night! (I am such a mess – Bill found it the next day, but it was too late to put back in.) And the Panthers finally won a game. And now I'm going to write a paper and watch DWTS - I promise a better update sort-of soon! I'll leave you all with a few pictures to satisfy you until then :)



1 comment:

  1. why do noses close up so fast? i do not understand.

    that story was hilarious. at least he didn't pee in your face!

    ReplyDelete