Friday, November 12, 2010

Changes

You've got to be ready to go with flow. Example: I had a great post planned for today, all about my love for college basketball, the beauty that is carolina blue, and how thankful I am for Harrison Barnes. However, my dear friend Jon threw a kink into my plans. You see, he did something last night that I just knew I had to blog about. He proposed to my other dear friend, Meredith. YAAAAY! You may remember Jon from here and Meredith from here; I'm sure they've both been mentioned other times, but those two posts have pictures. Anyways, as they are my favorite couple crush, you can imagine how excited I am for the two of them. So today, the beautiful thing I witnessed was when I was eating lunch with Jon (previously planned - Mer was at a conference for school, so I had to pump the boy for information) and I could just see how happy he was about marrying Meredith! It was awesome! It takes me back to that day long ago (just kidding, it was only in 2008!) when Bill proposed to me. It was AMAZING, and exciting, and I can remember smiling for days without end, and it was all actually kind of a whirlwind. It was only the beginning of a the wild ride known as wedding planning, but it was all so much fun, and completely worth it. But I digress. The point of this post is to say that Jon and Mer are inspirational and it's a beautiful thing that they're going to be married!

Jon, in Krispy Kreme heaven.

Mer's on the right. Perfect match for each other, I know.
Anyways, I am very happy for them, if you can't tell. So today, I am thankful for love. Not necessarily the romantic kind between a couple, but love in general. Love for your parents, siblings, teachers, cousins, dogs, best friend... It's such an important thing, and as Bon Jovi put it best (excuse the grammar, but it sounds good being sung): "What do you got, if you ain't got love? Whatever you've got just ain't enough."

So here's to the happy couple! Congratulations! I love you both SO much, and I am excited to see what the future holds for you two! Marriage rules, you're going to love it! (I know, there are a lot of exclamation points in this post, but I can't help it!)

I'll leave you all with a few pictures of the two, so that if you don't know them, you'll feel like you do, and you'll be as happy as I am about this new journey they're taking together!

The happy couple plus me at graduation!
And one more...

The happy couple at mine and Bill's wedding! Can't wait for theirs!

No comments:

Post a Comment