Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day 3

It's Day Three of my beautiful/thankful posts, and I am here! I've decided my something beautiful for the day is going to be inspirational today. And today, that is teachers. And it's also what I am thankful for, so tonight's post might be a little brief. I cannot tell you how many amazing teachers are in my life, and I even have several in my family (Aunt Nancy, Anna, Randy, Sonja, Frank, and of course my bff Michelle). After only a few months of grad school, I am a little nervous about becoming a teacher. It's a lot of work, and it's important work. You can really shape people's lives in the relatively short amount of time you are with them. I've had a lot of teachers that have had a huge impact on me, and I actually grew up liking the academic side of school for the most part. Bill and Michelle will be the first to tell you, I actually liked reading some of my textbooks during college! And it's not just the core classes that made a difference or taught me a lot. Two of my favorite classes at UNC were not psychology or child development courses. I won't go into it all tonight, because I am pretty exhausted (at only 10 pm! what? the life of a real adult, I guess!) and I promised an update. This may not be the most articulate post I've ever written, but please know that teachers are amazing. Do not take them for granted; there is a lot that goes on in a teacher's life that a student never knows. I certainly never did before this semester. And they don't make a lot of money for it... as Jack said on 30 Rock tonight, if he'd wanted to go with his morals over money, he would have been a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment