Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My pal Melissa

Please note Bill wanted me to name this post "Mel's Diner." I think he was just trying to get out of ever helping me name blog posts again. (Like that Everybody Loves Raymond episode... "I guess I'm just bad at it." Does anyone know what I'm talking about??)

Anyways. Now that I have decided to participate in the Thanksgiving season, I am going to shamelessly copy Michelle's idea of being thankful for something every day (check it out here!). And taking yesterday's post to heart, and find something beautiful in my day. So today, what was beautiful? The weather. It was so amazing to have a nice break from the freezing cold weather and run around in my backyard with my doggies. The leaves were falling, someone in my neighborhood was grilling out so it smelled great, and my dogs were loving it! Fall is seriously my favorite season, so it was nice to be outside enjoying it today!

And now, what am I thankful for? Today, my pal Melissa. She is an amazing young woman, who is sadly leaving next week to teach English in Korea for a year. So as you see, she's brave too! I am not going to make this post sappy, because I am already sad enough that she is leaving. So here is a little trip down memory lane. Melissa and I met the summer before freshman year of high school and became fast friends. We were basically forced into it, as I believe that was the summer of VBS where we had to watch twice the number of kids as we should have because two counselors decided to sneak away to kiss in the woods. But that is besides the point. We then entered high school together, where many adventures happened. I could only find one picture from those early years on this computer, but let's be honest - that is probably a good thing. So here it is, a little blast from the past.

For some reason, we decided it would be cute to dress like 80s girls and go to Olive Garden one Friday night.


We'll pick up with senior year of high school, where she and colleen decided to get corn rows one day at the career center fair.


Moving on to some of my favorite solo shots of Melissa...

I believe this is something to do with Cranium.
showing off that Carolina pride.
Double-fisting it at Waffle House after one rough night at J. Butler's.

Melissa, we have been through a lot. Many of these things are not appropriate to write on this family-friendly blog. From stalking Reynolds girls to try to find a party to dancing to Toxic in my front yard, from all the sleepovers with bagels and mondos to that one night at Top O, you are one of my favorite people to spend time with. You are hilarious and there is never a dull moment with you, but that's not to say we don't have our serious times together. I am going to miss you SO MUCH, so I am going to stop saying nice things and move on to more photos! Here are some pictures to remember some of our favorite moments together.


The head tilt. Nothing else needs to be said.
Who else would do the "suck it" pose with me on the Old Well? One other person - Caroline. (Love you too, Caro!)

This horrific picture by the most camera-challenged people I have ever met in my life. What fun we had at basketball games, though!

You and Bill look so good together.

Many trivia nights spent together at Big Shotz... I loved them all, despite the time you clawed my head to get that free coozie.

So today I am thankful for Melly C. Have fun, come back safe, and keep updating that blog while you are gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment