Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Please forgive me, 2.0

Please read the below post before this one. Blogger is being weird, so I just decided to start a new post, rather than try to mess with the old one anymore.

Yesterday I was thankful for my parents, and today, I am thankful for the library. And books. And things you read in general. My little town built a new library a couple of years ago, and I spent the afternoon there today, working on schoolwork. (Also, pardon my french, but I really kicked ass today. I got SO MUCH done! Perhaps one of my most productive homework periods ever.)

Our cute little library.
I love libraries. Not just because they are so conducive to getting work done, but because they are full of BOOKS. I love to read! The first time I was ever in a university library was when I visited Bill at NC State one time, and I was in heaven. I could not believe that many books were in one building. And then I went to UNC, and met one of my best friends: Davis Library.

Davis Library. Perfect for writing papers, studying, printing powerpoints, gossiping in the corner, completing the DTH crossword, raving, and taking naps between classes.
Of course, the UL was great too. And let's be honest, Wilson Library was too intimidating to ever go inside, except one time when I was lost. One of my favorite library memories from UNC was studying with Michelle (I can't remember if it was in the UL or Davis, but it was a library and that's all that matters), and we were talking about how hard it was to stay focused, but we were going to buckle down that afternoon so we could do something fun that night. And then she looked up at the shelf behind me and saw a book on James Taylor and that was it.

I've loved to read ever since I was very little. I still have my library card that I got in kindergarten. I took very good care of that thing, because I needed to have it to get my books. It still has my little 5-year-old signature on it, that reads "COURTNEY #1." That's how I signed my name. I'll take a picture sometime soon. I spent so much time at the public library growing up, and I still do now. Yet another thing to thank my parents for - my love of reading! Sometimes I even like to read my textbooks for class (not that I do it in my free time, mind you... sometimes I just enjoy doing it for class, and it's not a huge chore). Although I'm sure reading has contributed to my horrible eyesight, it has been totally worth it. I read every day, and you should too.

And there you have it. I love my parents, and I love books. What do you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment