Sunday, December 5, 2010

More Holiday Tunes

It's time for Round 2 of my favorite Christmas music! I just couldn't contain my list to only 10 songs. So here are my second 10 favorite Christmas songs... Maybe I'll burn all 20 onto a CD and promote it as the World's Greatest Holiday Mix CD.

I've included youtube links again, so you can all have a listen! Enjoy!

1. Christmas in Dixie - Alabama
This song always makes me think of Christmas and my mom... When I was little, she bought a Christmas CD from Dillards, and this was one of the songs on it. We both still love it to this day, and I can remember getting so excited when they said "Charlotte, Carolina," because, hey! They were singing about my state!
And on a semi-related note, the band Alabama is from Fort Payne, which is where Bill's dad works, so we all went down two summers ago... So I've been to their hometown!

2. Please Come Home for Christmas - Jon Bon Jovi
Another JBJ song... I know you're not surprised, but this is a good one. I love this song, so of course I love his version. And if you're looking for another JBJ Christmas song, here's one that's not actually that good. But it is his first professional recording.

3. Elf's Lament - Barenaked Ladies and Michael Buble
I love BNL and I love Michael Buble, so why wouldn't I love this? I like that it's not traditional, and it makes me laugh. However, sadly, there is no video out there on the world wide web for this version, so the link is to a live recording by BNL. That just means you need to go download the real thing!

4. All I Want for Christmas is You - Mariah Carey
A classic. What girl doesn't love this song? I love to belt it out in the world's worst falsetto when I'm by myself in the car...

5. Jingle Bells - Frank Sinatra
This is my favorite version of Jingle Bells! My grandma loved Frank Sinatra, so it reminds me a little of her. Plus, I love to sing along with the "J-I-N-G-L-E  B-E-double L-S" part.

6. Love Came Down at Christmas - Jars of Clay
Jars of Clay is fabulous, and this song definitely shows that. It's a nice reminder of the true meaning of Christmas. It's not all stockings and ornaments, people! It's about love and our Savior, too!

7. Up On the Housetop - Jackson 5
Every time I hear this song, I think of my mom and I laughing hysterically whenever we hear Michael sing "Too late, Jermaine, he's bringing you mistletoe!"

8. Silver and Gold - Burl Ives
Burl Ives is the epitome of Christmas music to me. (well, and Bing Crosby, too). This is from my favorite Christmas movie, Rudolph! I even have the pajamas. But that's beside the point. This song rules. That's the point.

9. The Christmas Song - Nat King Cole
Another classic. It makes me long for Christmas Eve night!

10. Run Rudolph Run - Brian Setzer Orchestra
A little unconventional, maybe, but the Brian Setzer Orchestra is awesome. Both of their Christmas CDs are great! Bill and I listen to them a lot - big band type music is one category we are both always in the mood for. I want to have a Christmas party, just to play these CDs in the background.

So there you have it! Ten more Christmas songs everyone should know and love!

1 comment:

  1. i listened to all the ones i didn't know! even though i don't love xmas music! again with the procrastination!

    ReplyDelete