Thursday, January 20, 2011

Psalm 19

Man, did anyone else notice how beautiful yesterday was? It was amazing. I wish I had taken a picture, but the only photo I actually took yesterday was of the boot on my friend's car!

Anyways, in the midst of the coldest winter NC has seen in decades, between ice storms and snow showers, we had this great day with a bright blue sky, puffy white clouds, lots of sunshine and barely a breeze. Oh, and did I mention it was 56 degrees outside?! I was lucky enough that this happened on a Wednesday, when I don't have a class in the afternoon or evening, so I took Sensei and Preston on a long, leisurely, wonderful walk around the neighborhood. I didn't even wear a coat! It was just amazing. Days like that just really remind me how lucky I am, that there is so much beauty around us, and I need to stop taking it all for granted! It was really nice to have a long period of time, being outside with just my doggies, my thoughts and nature (and of course, the random neighbor I had to say hello to!). It also made me want to challenge myself, and all your readers, to keep this in mind the next time a gorgeous day like yesterday makes you appreciate life. (And even on ugly, gloomy, foggy, rainy, cold days - because God doesn't just work on pretty days.)


The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display His craftmanship. Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make Him known. They speak without a sound or word; their voice is never heard. Yet their message has gone throughout the earth, and their words to all the world. -- Psalm 19:1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment