Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Request

Dear precipitation,

Be you rain or snow, sleet or a thick morning fog, you are ruining my life. Okay, this may be an exaggeration, but you are certainly making things difficult. You seep into the ground, making it squishy and thick and mucky. You turn my backyard into a giant mud pit. You may think this is a fact of life, or that it's no big deal - mud happens.

But it is a big deal.

You see, when you fall from the sky and land in my little backyard, and make my little backyard one huge mud puddle, it affects me. My doggies like to play in the backyard. They like to run, and dig (unfortunately), and bark, and play, and roll around, and chase balls. It's actually really convenient for me, because I don't like to take them on long walks when it's 30 degrees out or 10:30 at night. Playing in the backyard gives them the exercise they want, and need, while I get to stay warm and safe inside my home.

But when my doggies play in a yard made of mud, it turns them into mud monsters.

so sorry for the poor quality - blame my cell phone!

I don't know if you can tell in the above picture, but both of my babies are covered in your nastiness. In fact, after this particular photograph was taken, all three of us had to take baths! And then my bathtub had to take a bath, because it too was covered in mud.

Precipitation, when you fall, you make my pups dirty and that makes me, and my house, and my floor, and my bathtub dirty. I have to mop pawprints off the floor. I have to give two dogs who hate baths, baths. I have to wash muddy pawprints from the deck door, where my doggies have stood up against the glass when they see me coming to let them inside. I have to do a load of laundry, because it takes that many towels to clean them off (and let's not forget my clothes that are thus covered in mud from carrying the dogs from the sunroom -aka the mudroom - to the bathroom. At least my carpets stay clean). And then I have to do it all over again, because Mr. Sun can't seem to dry you up within one day.

So please, if you're going to come visit my little town, please skip the Fischers.

Thank you!
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment