Wednesday, March 16, 2011

And everything I had to know, I heard it on my radio

Bonus points if you know the song that's from! (And no, it's not by Bon Jovi...)

Bill and I went to the beach this past weekend (pictures tomorrow! get excited!) and it was relaxing and amazing and wonderful. It was also a 4ish hour car ride each way. I also have an 80+ minute round trip drive to work every day. Add in a drive to Charlotte and back on a weeknight, and I have spent a lot of time in the car lately - listening to a lot of radio. And I've learned a lot these past few days.

1. For instance - if Ke$ha is the sing-talk girl (see below if you sadly haven't been introduced to this term yet), then Katy Perry is sing-yell.



2. Prince is coming to town next weekend. Which means he's getting played on the radio. A lot. But I'm down with "Raspberry Beret" and "I Would Die 4 U," so it's not too bad.

3. It's a really upsetting moment to flip to a station, hear a song you love (in my case yesterday afternoon, it was "Livin' On A Prayer"), and start grooving just to realize the song is 10 seconds from the end.

4. Related to the above, it is WAY better to hear your favorite band on the radio than it is on a cd. I think it's because it validates your feelings that they rock, because you know other people listen to them, too. That's my theory, at least.

5. "Thailand's Got Talent" has a transgendered contestant this season who can sing as a man and a woman, and both voices are good!

6. Neil Young is coming to town on my birthday, and I can't go. Depressing.

7. No station is safe from Taylor Swift. Again, depressing.

8. Chicago rocks. This will probably prove life-saving for Lisa, considering her propensity for injuries.

9. Bill is finally learning the game - when "Free Bird" was playing in the car last night and I asked him "Who is this?" he answered correctly! And he wasn't guessing!

That's all for tonight! The next few days promise to be exciting - NCAA tournament, karate tournament, posting pictures from the beach (for all you bloggie followers!), avoiding being peed on by Preston (the score this week is Me-0, Dog-2),  and maybe even some homework!

And, since it's been a while since any pooch picture posts, here are a couple I took just now to tide the fans over...


please excuse the background mess in these photos... not everything has found its place in our new home yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment