Thursday, March 31, 2011

Song Challenge, Day 2

Day 2: Favorite Cover Song

This was yet again, a difficult choice. I promised not to choose a Bon Jovi song every day (but have you heard Jon's version of "Levon?"), but it was still hard to pick one beyond that. Do I go with classic (Like GNR's version of Bob Dylan's "Knockin' on Heaven's Door?") or funny (Jonathan Coulton's cover of Destiny's Child's "Bills, Bills, Bills") or even alternative (Cake's take on "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor is one of my favorites)?

In the end, though, I had to go with the one that I have been listening to the most in recent months. Which is Michael Grimm (winner of America's Got Talent! I don't really watch that show, but I saw his audition, and I picked him as the winner, and weeks later, it turned out America agreed!) and his version of "So Tired of Being Alone," originally by Al Green. He sang it on AGT one night, which was only 90 seconds long. Luckily, the full version is on his CD.... Sadly, I can't find a music video for it, so here's at least the song on youtube.


But since you can't see him and his beautiful face singing, I highly encourage you to youtube him yourself! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment