Thursday, March 17, 2011

Take me back!

As promised, I'm doing a little post about our beach trip this past weekend. My parents took Sensei and Preston for the weekend, Bill took the day off work, and we headed down Friday morning. The weather was a little chilly Friday and Saturday, but it was gorgeous outside. We stayed at a resort (yippee, off-season!), which was oceanfront and had this great pool area that reminded us of Vegas! There were a couple of big pools, tons of palm trees and beach chairs, and even an area with several hammocks! The water was way too cold to get in, but armed with sweaters and books, we spent a lot of time lazing around reading and walking on the beach! We didn't spend the entire vacation at the resort, though - we spent some time at the outlets (amazingly, we only spent money at Under Armour and Yankee Candle - hello, strawberry buttercream candles, you are my new favorite), we went to Broadway at the Beach and spent a few hours of MagiQuest - no surprise there!- ate at Margaritaville (which is DELICIOUS, btw) and even took our first set of photos in a photobooth! I'll have to scan those in later... we're pretty cute, if I can be honest.

Anyways, now that you've made it through the text recap, here are some of my favorite pictures from our little getaway!

Our first afternoon there, taking a walk.

The only picture of us from the trip... but hey,  it's a good one!

It was so beautiful outside, I couldn't stop taking photos.

View from our room!

One (of many) shot of the pool area!

Broadway at the Beach. That red bag by my feet is from River Street Sweets. Pralines = heaven. Enough said.

Hubby lounging on our last day there. So relaxing.
If you know me, you know my tendency to take 10x as many pictures as a normal human, so there are lots more. But these were some of my favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment