Friday, April 1, 2011

Song Challenge, Day 3

Day 3: A Song That Makes You Happy

 Look! I'm not going to complain about what a hard decision this one was - though it was difficult! Today's song is "Sweetest Thing" by U2. Every thing about this song and the video makes me happy. I love the words. I love that it's a love song but isn't slow and sleep-inducing. I love that Bono wrote for his wife (I knew that, but further research shows that it was an apology song for having to work on her birthday). I love that, according to Wikipedia, his wife donated all proceeds from the single to her favorite charity. I love that there are firemen strippers in the video - watch closely. I love the life-size puppets that look like the members of U2. I love the marching band. I love to listen to this song and think about the sweetest things in my life.

Like chocolate. And cupcakes. And pralines. (Can you tell I skipped lunch today?) And my pups when it's late at night and they are tired from the day and they lay in bed with me while I read.

Whew... Sorry about that tangent. Here's the video! Listen and watch well - U2 is one of my favorite bands of all time, and this will show you why!

No comments:

Post a Comment