Sunday, April 3, 2011

Song Challenge, Day 5

Day 5: Favorite Collaboration

Originally, this was supposed to be Day 26. However, I found my new favorite collaboration yesterday morning, and I couldn't wait to share it. Unless you've been living under a rock these past few weeks, I'm sure you've been exposed to the horror that is Rebecca Black's "Friday." A terribly catching song, I can say it might possibly be the worst song I've ever heard. As one friend put it yesterday - "this might be worse than Ke$ha."

Well, that was the case until Stephen Colbert (whose Christmas album was going to be my favorite collaboration anyways, until I saw this gem) was on Jimmy Fallon the other night. Add in The Roots and Taylor Hicks, and the result is one of the most hilarious, and greatest,  collaborations of all time. Take a look... I dare you to not laugh.



I also apologize in the advance for the fact that it will now probably be stuck in your head for the 48 hours. And if it's not, count yourself lucky that you don't have a husband like mine, who whistles it constantly so you have no choice but to catch yourself singing "Partyin, partying, YEAH!" ever 20 minutes. And if you can't get enough of Stephen Colbert's musical genius, I highly encourage you to take a listen to his Christmas album. (Is that even the right phrase? I know you can say "take a look..."). It's full of some awesome guest stars - John Legend, Feist, and Toby Keith to name a few. It's witty and hilarious, and it won a Grammy, so you know that it is also quality!

No comments:

Post a Comment