Monday, April 4, 2011

Song Challenge, Day 6

Day 6: A Song That Reminds You of Someone

There are a lot of songs that fit this category, but one that really jumps to mind is "Tarzan Boy" by Baltimora, and the fond memories it brings back of my dear friend Colleen. I'm sure you all know her, but just in case, here's her cute face.

She's the one that's not me. :)
Colleen and I have been friends a really really long time. I'm talking since 6 years old. We've been through a lot - that time we colored our faces with lipstick, and when we won the ACE award in the 2nd grade and they switched our last names on the plaques, and that time I watched her get attacked in the law school parking lot at UNC during a particularly ruthless game of assassins.

Many of our memories include music, though. Once we made Romeo and Juliet a musical video for our 9th grade English class. We actually used music a lot in our projects we did together - and there were a lot. And we used to practice duets (including "A Whole New World") together in the car when we carpooled (in elementary school, with our moms, and in high school when we could finally drive!). And once she was in a water ballet, and Melissa and I were two of the small elite group in attendance. And one time at trivia, she stood up and sang "Father Figure" for the bar.

At some point during our 3,489,020,139 years of friendship, I began to associate this particular song with her. It's rare I hear it on the radio (of course it's on my iPod, though!), but when I do, I always think of this girl, one of my favorite people in the world. And this video is out-of-control 80s, so I hope you all enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment