Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Song Challenge, Day 7

Day 7: A Song That Reminds You (Me) of a Certain Event

Today, I'm picking James Taylor's "Carolina in my Mind." It makes me think of UNC and commencement last May, specifically. That was such an emotionally-charged day, packed into Kenan Stadium with all my friends and family, and several thousand strangers, under that beautiful Carolina Blue sky. We laughed, we cried, we hugged, we yelled, we took lots of pictures (see below), we threw our caps in the air, we listened to John Grisham's words of wisdom, we said goodbye to Carolina and hello to the real world. Eek!

Although James Taylor sings it, today's video is from last May's commencement, sang by the Clefhangers. You wouldn't believe how many youtube videos say "Cliffhangers."



I'll never forget standing under that hot sun, swaying and singing with Mallorie (you know, the world's greatest singer) and tearing up a bit. Or a lot. Such a bittersweet memory. (Made better by the fact that thinking about this reminds me I'll be reunited with lots and lots of my friends this Saturday - woohoo!) So as you listen to this song, I'll leave you with some photos of graduation. I imagine most of you were there that day, so feel free to revel in the memories, too!









No comments:

Post a Comment