Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Song Challenge, Day 27

Day 27: A Song That Reminds You of Drunk/Party Times

Well, any song from Guitar Hero could apply to this one. But one song that really stands out to me when I think on this prompt (besides, "Livin' On A Prayer," because that one shows up at just about every bar every time I go out), is "Mony Mony" by Billy Idol. Last summer, my wonderful sisters-in-law and mother-in-law planned a great girls' night, that included my best friends and I, a fondue dinner, a limo, a scavenger hunt in downtown Charlotte, a stop at a bar where I had to kiss a  State boy - thank goodness Bill was there as a surprise!- and a little trip to an 80s club. At said club, there was a Billy Idol impersonator who climbed up on a little platform and performed the song. One word: hysterical. He had the hair, the leather outfit, the sneer, and the dance moves. Hopefully this video will either (1) bring back some fond memories if you were there that night, or (2) make you laugh. Or both!

No comments:

Post a Comment