Saturday, May 7, 2011

Song Challenge, Day 30

Day 30: Your Favorite Song at This Time Last Year

Okay, okay. It took me 39 days to finish this song challenge. Still not too shabby, in my opinion. You can blame my lack of posting yesterday on the fact that I finally got the new Sookie Stackhouse book yesterday afternoon(it was released Tuesday!), and I couldn't wait to read it!

Anyways, I have no idea what my favorite song was last year. Honestly. I can't even tell you my favorite song from last month - it changes all the time. One song that I did love, though, was "My Name" by Anoop Desai. It actually isn't a very good song, but:

1. The lyrics are hysterical. (For instance - "girl, you poppin' like a toaster")
2. He's a UNC alum.
3. He was on American Idol.
4. Did I mention the lyrics are hysterical?



In fact, Sara and I were such big fans of the song, we ventured out to a GAA exam break - complete with free food and drinks - just to see him perform. We even acted as his backup singers from the crowd, which I'm not too sure he appreciated. Regardless, he smiled for a picture afterwards.


And so concludes the 30 Day Song Challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment