Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Jumping on the bandwagon

So, I have been hearing for a few months about how great Pinterest is. I went once, it overwhelmed me, and that was it. But I have the week off this week, and after a day of recovery from the beach + 4th of July, I was a little restless. I headed over to Pinterest, and realized that it would be very easy for me to waste hours there.

Except, oh wait. You can't just sign up. You have to request an invitation. I think that is so stupid, but I shut my mouth and requested one. And I'm still waiting. I'll let you all know how long it takes.

In the meanwhile, I've still been able to browse the site. I'm hesitant to do so, though, because I can't "pin" anything, and I don't want to bookmark fifty things I think are cool. I did find a quick little beauty DIY that I tried today.

Not my nails.
The first nail turned out perfect. It went downhill from there, but I am still pretty satisfied with the result. I have a feeling that you should really change the water in the bowl after at least every two nails, but I was feeling lazy and just wanted to get it over with. I did read a great tip elsewhere online that you should put scotch tape around your nails, in order to keep your fingers clean(ish) and that worked well.

And that's how I spent one hour of my afternoon. So far this day has entailed breakfast at Panera (REALLY hard to do when you are eating low-carb), a car inspection, some play time with the doggies, stalking Mal's pictures on FB, and a semi-successful nail painting session. Next up: class at PetSmart tonight! Hope everyone is having a great week so far :)

No comments:

Post a Comment